Keswick Theatre Photos
Keswick Theatre General Info
The Keswick Theatre first opened its doors on Christmas Night, 1928. Nationally recognized as the most comfortable, acoustically perfect listening room in the entire Philadelphia market, the Keswick was designed by acclaimed architect Horace Trumbauer (who also created the Philadelphia Museum of Art). The Keswick was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983, but the non-profit group wasn’t to meet expenses, and closed the theater in December 1985.
The Keswick opened its doors again in March 1988, under private ownership. During that 15-year ownership, the Keswick blossomed in reputation and renovation. Establishment of a restoration fund allowed for more than a million dollars in upgrades. The Keswick grew technologically, as well, with state-of-the-art sound and light equipment and a computerized ticketing system. The growth was recognized as the Keswick joined legendary venues like The Chicago Theatre, Beacon Theatre and Fox Theatre in “Pollstar’s Top 50 Theater Venues.” The Keswick became one of the Central Atlantic states’ most active and diversified venues, presenting internationally-acclaimed performers geared to virtually every taste and interest.
Glenside, PA 19038