From theatrical performances to famous headliners like the Beatles and Soundgarden, Avalon Hollywood has been entertaining the masses since the 1920s, but it wasn’t until 2003 that a major makeover turned the space into a DJ-driven dance club hotspot.
Although big-name bands still play the cavernous hall, the emphasis is clearly on electronic compositions, which might explain why Sasha made the venue his first West Coast residency and Paul Oakenfold continues to blow the glow stick-lit roof off.
Regardless of the evening’s agenda, lines form deep in front of the Spanish Colonial façade, with patrons running the gamut from mini-dress beauties to shaggy rave kids itching to sweat their sneakers off.
A pair of long bars flank the room, as well as small cylindrical tables and white couches for the bottle service crowd, while those looking to escape the revelry can head to the expansive mezzanine, home to VIP lounges, a third bar, and bird’s-eye views of the broiling masses below.
Funky hipsters and the celebrity set often venture to Bardot, the club’s sister lounge upstairs, but nothing beats Avalon for some of the best nu-electro, techno, and house music in LA.
Avalon Hollywood recently completed a million dollar renovation of the club which included brand new lighting and sound systems.
- Avalon is one of best after hours spots in Los Angeles - on Fridays/Saturdays Avalon is usually open until 3-4 AM.
- After 3/4 AM, the party moves upstairs to the Bardot Lounge and continues til the sun comes up, ~8 AM, though please note that they stop serving alcohol between 2-6 AM. Sometimes the main club will stay open as well, it depends on the night.
- We have discounted guestlist available for Fridays and Saturdays at Avalon.
- Use promo code DISCO at avalonhollywood.com to get 10% off your ticket purchases.
- Fridays at Avalon are 19+. Avalon also hosts a 18+ events occasionally as well.
Los Angeles, CA 90028 Get Directions