Tickets available from tixr.com.View Tickets
ABOUT THE EVENT:
- LEFTOVER SALMON
- Few bands stick around for thirty years. Even fewer bands leave a legacy during that time that marks them as a truly special, once-in-lifetime type band. And no band has done all that and had as much fun as Leftover Salmon. Since their earliest days as a forward thinking, progressive bluegrass band who had the guts to add drums to the mix and who was unafraid to stir in any number of highly combustible styles into their ever evolving sound, to their role as a pioneer of the modern jamband scene, to their current status as elder-statesmen of the scene who cast a huge influential shadow over every festival they play, Leftover Salmon has been a crucial link in keeping alive the traditional music of the past while at the same time pushing that sound forward withtheir own weirdly, unique style.
- As Leftover Salmon nears their 30th year, their inspiring story is set to be told in a brand new book, LeftoverSalmon:ThirtyYearsofFestival!that will be released February 2019 by Rowman & Littlefield. In this book, critically acclaimed author ofBluegrassinBaltimore:TheHardDrivin'Sound&It'sLegacy, Tim Newby presents an intimate portrait of Leftover Salmon through the personal recollections of its band members, family, friends, former band-mates, managers, and the countless musicians they have influenced. Leftover Salmon: Thirty Years of Festival! is a thorough guide covering a thirty-year journey of a truly remarkable band. It is a tale of friendships and losses, musical discoveries and Wild West adventures, and the brethren they surround themselves with who fortify Salmon's unique voice. Their story is one of tragedy and rebirth, of unimaginable highs and crushing lows, of friendships, of music, but most importantly it is the story of a special band and thosethat have lived through it all to create, inspire, and have everlasting fun.
- Heading into their fourth decade Leftover Salmon is showing no signs of slowing down as they are coming off the release of their most recent album,SomethingHigher(released in2018) which has been universally hailed as one of the band's finest releases.SomethingHighershows how even upon preparing to enter their fourth decade Leftover Salmon is proving it possible to recreate themselves without changing who they are. The bandnow features a line-up that has been together longer than any other in Salmon history and is one of the strongest the legendary band has ever assembled. Built around the core of founding members Drew Emmitt and Vince Herman, the band is now powered by banjo-wiz Andy Thorn, and driven by the steady rhythm section of bassist Greg Garrison, drummer Alwyn Robinson, and keyboardist Erik Deutsch. The new line-up is continuing the long, storied history of Salmon which found them first emerging from the progressive bluegrass world and coming of age as one the original jam bands, before rising to become architects of what has become known as Jamgrass and helping to create a landscape where bands schooled in the traditional rules of bluegrass can break free of those bonds through nontraditional instrumentation and an innate ability to push songs in new psychedelic directions live. Salmon is a band who over their thirty-year career has never stood still; they are constantly changing, evolving, and inspiring. If someonewanted to understand what Americana music is they could do no better than to go to a Leftover Salmon show, where they effortlessly glide from a bluegrass number born on the front porch, to the down-and-dirty Cajun swamps with a stop on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, to the hallowed halls of the Ryman in Nashville, before firing one up in the mountains of Colorado
OPENING THE SHOW IS MAUI'S OWN ABOVE SNAKES!
#livemusic #concert #bluegrass #daplaygroundmaui #nightlife #maui #abovesnakes
Purchase your tickets in advance and SAVE! Price at the door WILL be higher PLUS processing fees and taxes.
MUST BE 21+ TO ATTEND.
Before purchasing your tickets, we urge you to confirm the title, time and location of the event.
No refunds or exchanges.
WHEN YOU PURCHASE TICKETS...
90-95% of the ticket price goes directly to the artists, performers, promoters and support staff organizing and working the event. These are your neighbors, friends, small business owners all within our local community.
Mahalo for attending live events at da Playground Maui, we're all grateful for your support!
WHEN YOU ARRIVE...
Parking is FREE after 5 PM.
Standing room only. Arrive early, tables and seats are available on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE basis.
Food and cocktails are available for purchase during the event.
Per Maui County Liquor Laws, the following is prohibited and will be enforced:
- No drinks of any kind on the dance area.
- Dancing allowed ONLY in the approved sectioned off dance area.
- No outside drinks allowed in the venue
- Bags are subject to search, canteens or containers of any kind are prohibited.
- No drinks are allowed to be taken out of the venue.
Note: Restriction are subject to change per the Maui County COVID Guidelines
da Playground300 Maalaea Rd Ste IC, 300 Maalaea Rd, Wailuku, HI
Wailuku, HI 96793
United States (Directions)